Pinterest Update Allows Users to Add Pronouns to Profile
In a new update to Pinterest, profile users can now add two sets of pronouns to their profiles. This update follows the sweeping update to Instagram, and Linkedin allowing users to add pronouns to their profiles outside of their bio — read more about the Instagram update here.
How to update your pronouns on Pinterest
- log in or create a new account at www.pinterest.com or in the app.
2. You may see a blue speech bubble pop up over your profile icon, suggesting that you add your pronouns to your profile. You can click this blue bubble, or click on your profile icon/ account.
3. Choose “Edit Profile” where you will have the opportunity to update your display name or account handle. You will also see a space to add your pronouns.
4. Select your pronouns from the drop down menu. Pinterest will allow users to choose two sets of pronouns to be displayed. For multiple pronoun users, this will allow them to use they/she pronouns or xe/him pronouns. The drop down list is extensive, and offers neo-pronoun options.
5. After selecting your pronouns, click save at the bottom of the page. Your profile will now be updated to include your pronouns! See below:
This is a very exciting update for Pinterest, as it is largely an anti-social media platform, where visionaries go to plan and organize their ideas. Allowing people to share their pronouns asserts each user’s individuality and encourages the sharing of pronouns on all platforms.